How to create an autoresponder with an email template
Posted on Tuesday, January 8th, 2013.
To create an autoresponder with an email template follow the steps below:
1. Log into your account.
2. From the main menu click the “Autoresponders” icon.
3. On the next page select “Create AR with Template” icon.
4. The next page will display the current email templates within your account. To view the template click the magnifying glass icon that appears when you hover your mouse over the email template.
5. To select the email template to use for the autoresponder click the “Select” button that appears when you hover your mouse over the email template.
6. The next page will display the “content” section of the autoresponder with the email template already added to the message editor.
7. Add in the correct subject heading for the autoresponder and edit the message content within the message editor.
8. Once the HTML message has been created you can either click the “Copy Text” button located directly underneath the HTML message editor to have the system extract the text out of the HTML message and add it to the text version of the message or you can add in the text version yourself. NOTE: the “Copy Text” feature cannot get an exact copy of the formatting of the HTML message so you will need to check the text version generated and format where necessary.
9. Once the HTML and text versions of the autoresponder have been created it is recommended to send a test message to view the email as your subscribers would see it. To send a test message enter in the email addresses (each email address must be separated by a “,”) into the “Sent Test Message” text box located at the bottom of the page. The system will also provide any existing email addresses that have been sent test email messages in the drop down list. To select an existing message select the email address – the system will add the selected email address to the send test message message box. Once the required email addresses have been added click the “Send Test” button to send each email address a copy of the email message.
10. To run a SPAM report on the content of the autoresponder click the “Check for Spam” button located at the bottom of the page. The system will then analyze the message HTML and text versions for any words or phases that could trigger anti-SPAM filters. A report will be presented after the analysis.
11. Once you are happy with the content of the autoresponder click the “Next” button located at the button of the page.
12. The next page will display a list of the mailing lists currently within your account. From the list provided select the mailing list that the autoresponder is to trigger on then click the “Next” button.
13. The next page will display the scheduling options for the autoresponder. The “Event” section allows you to set the delivery of the AR by the number of hours/days/weeks/months after the initial subscription (a new subscriber signing up to your email list). To have the autoresponder run on the same day set the number of days to “0$B!m(B and select the time you wish the AR to run or select the number of hours after the subscriber has joined your list.
To enable tracking of opens and link clicks within the email click both “Yes, track opening of HTML emails” and “Yes, track all links in this email campaign” options. To add UTM tags to every link within the email click the “Yes, track my campaign using Google Analytics” option and enter in the campaign name tag and source name tag.
14. To activate the autoresponder click the “Activate” button located at the bottom of the page.